Tuesday, March 21, 2017

What planet am I on??

The undeniable truth has hit me: I occupy a completely different dimension than most people.  Parallel, perhaps, to the world which you all inhabit... But still separate somehow.  I try to be an observant, responsible person who follows directions and rules to ensure the success of our civilization.  Despite my best efforts, I am still constantly finding myself blank, bewildered, and alone in my confusion.  

The first time I can clearly remember this happening was while I was a Running Start student*.  Important note: this occurred well before the internet as we know and love it today.  There was no online system eg. Blackboard or Canvas on which to check the course information before the start of the quarter.  

I arrived to class on the first day of the quarter, and the professor greeted us with the usual introductions and then said "...of course you've all read the first 2 chapters of the text and completed assignment number 1...."  I have no idea what they said after that, because my happy-eager-learner face had melted into "DEER IN THE HEADLIGHTS."  I looked around at my classmates and became keenly aware that I was the only one who was shocked and horrified.  I hadn't even bought the book yet.  I was too embarrassed and mortified to ask anyone how the heck they ALL knew this information.  I do understand the possibility that they had merely perfected their acting, and were likely better at masking their surprise.  But this isn't an isolated incident.  
I am blindsided at least once every couple of months with surprising new information that is apparently common knowledge to everyone but me.  I have even summoned the courage to ask how they knew what I didn't, but haven't gotten any helpful feedback.  The most frustrating thing, to me, is that I haven't figured out how to ask a question if I don't know that I have a question.  How do you find missing information when you don't have any inkling that the information is missing!?  

Seriously, this kind of utter failure to know important things is quality nightmare fuel.  I never know when ignorance is going to strike again.  Thankfully, as I have implied, my attention shifts fairly quickly to other things and I can be happily frolicking in crafty-land until the next SURPRISE!!  

So without further ado, here are some of the fun, sparkly things that have been entertaining me lately:

Handmade paper beads!  Rainbows!  Shiny silver-tone charms! Rhinestones!  Rainbows! (I know I said that twice but rainbow is my favorite color!)

More paper beads! More rainbow! Iridescent beads! Silver-tone hearts with wings! 


More handmade paper beads!  Sparkles!  Glitter! Glass beads!  Flying hearts! These beads I made out of some of my own coloring projects, so they are absolutely one-of-a-kind

Silver-tone key charm with tiny heart details, handmade paper beads, and glass on super durable elastic.  Stretchy!!

Glitter! Pretty purple wire detail! Handmade paper beads! Silver-tone sun charms!

So, until the next time my brain is jolted back into this universe, take care dear ones!  And if you happen to find yourself on my strange little planet, be sure to stop by and say "hi!"  I'm sure I've baked something delicious recently.  And calories don't count in my parallel universe. 

*for those of you playing along at home, Running Start is a program which allows capable high school students to enroll directly in courses at a local university in lieu of their required high school courses

No comments:

Post a Comment